EXPECTED COMMUNICATION AT TRYOUTS: The tryout process is often the pinnacle of the decision making step during Player Placement. Tryouts often culminate at time when final coach to team assignments are announced, league platform announcements are finalized, and incoming or new players are identified, along with any outgoing or exiting players. The many “unknown's” begin to shape themselves into more “known's” and an informed decision by the player and also by the team coach become more possible.
As this rush of information culminates inside a short period of time, here are some guidelines to helping create efficient communication and interaction between Player/Parent and Coach.
3 POSSIBLE COACH COMMUNICATIONS TO PLAYER FOLLOWING TRYOUT:
It is expected as a courtesy to all players that the coaching staff at minimum inform EVERY player at the conclusion of any trial or tryout one of the following determinations:
1. There is no spot on the team
2. Call-Back to a future trial or session.
3. Spot offered on the team.
EXPECTATION FOR PLAYER RESPONSES TO COACH COMMUNICATION
If called back to a future session or trial then players and parents are expected to provide the courtesy reply and communication of:
1. Yes, I will attend the next session.
2. I may attend the next session or I may attend another team session.
3. Since I do not have a guaranteed spot on this team roster, I will be attending another team session.
4. Since I was not selected in the first round of selections I am not interested in this team any longer.
If offered a spot on a team then players and parents are expected to provide the courtesy reply and communication of:
1. Yes we/I have accepted this position and we will follow the registration steps.
2. We/I will discuss and decide, and will communicate to you within 12-24 hours the decision.
3. We/I have elected to not accept a position on this team at this time, but will attend this team’s next session to continue to evaluate the team and coaching.
4. We/I will not accept this position on the team.
If informed you will not be offered a roster spot then the players and parents are expected to provide the courtesy reply and communication of:
1. We’d/I'd be interested in learning about the other teams and coaches inside the club’s platform and our opportunities to guest play with this team.
2. We’d/I'd like to be pointed to a different club or team in our age division.
3. We/I are/am interested in following up with a feedback meeting in the coming days.