West Side Alliance S.C. Field of Dreams Homepage
Bringing the Vision Into Focus
MAKE IT RAIN $121,000 FUNDRAISER EFFORT 2013
LEGACY FUND ESTABLISHED 2012
FIELD OF DREAMS PROJECT PLAN OUTLINED 2011
DREAM TEAM COMMITTEE FORMED DECEMBER 2010
AMIGOS TASK FORCE FORMED DECEMBER 2007
FIELD OF DREAMS VISION
Click Here to View Project Proposal for West Bank
Click Here to View Project Proposal for Rivercity Parks
Click Here to View Project Proposal for Salvation Army
In December of 2009 after an empassioned speech by WSA Coach Tom Apitz at the Coaches Roundtable meeting, Roger Bush, WSA DOC, formed the "Field of Dreams" committee. It consisted of approximately 15 coaching staff members focused on developing the "Field of Dreams" facility. In February of 2010 WSA Coach Randy Williams helped reach out to Tulsa Ultimate Federation (aka Frisbee) who had similar objectives, and WSA soon became the managing operator of the Tulsa Field Sports Alliance, a collective user group, consisting of Lacrosse, Rugby, Frisbee, Flag Football and Soccer, whose mission was to cooperate on securing available "field space" to "play". Since then a very active and energized effort has taken place, creating some growing pains, but also at the same time, obvious tangible results toward our vision of a FIELD OF DREAMS..... where we can PLAY....
1) Won competitive bid for West Bank Sports Complex (March 2012), agreed & signed lease with Riverparks Authority, July 1, 2012
2) Won competitive bid for Mohawk Sports Complex from City of Tulsa (April 2012), withdrew from finalist interview due to acceptance of lease terms w/ RPA for West Bank
3) Received Up With Trees Grant valued at approximately $15,000 for installation and 2-year maintenance for new trees at West Bank
4) Completed Rivercity Parks Field #6 Releveling Project Phase I (May 2012): $2,000
5) Drilled Test Water Well #1 at West Bank October 2012: $2,500
6) Drilled Water Wells #2 and #3 at West Bank February 2013: $4,500
7) Agreed to terms on lease of 10 acres from Sand Springs Salvation Army; $7,200 yearly; December 2011
8) Purchased 12 new full-sized goals for West Bank Sports Complex; Fall 2012; $8,000
9) Purchase new paint machine for Rivercity Parks, Winter 2013; $3,500
10) Applied to National Salvation Army branch for long term lease agreement and capital improvement plan -- in works -- Spring 2013
11) Processing G.O. Bond Election w/ SS Parks for up to $500,000 Rivercity Parks Soccer Facelift
12) General Dirtwork at Rivercity & West Bank 2012-13 - $2,000 (over 100 dumptruck loads, over 100 man hours - most in-kind donations by Affordable Asphalt and Eric Dye).
13) Completed Dirtwork Refurbishment of West Bank Field #9 (worst field) - Premiere Site Development - $10,000 value - in kind!
14) Won grant for Synthetic Turf Field from Community Sports Development Council. Seeking donor for other 30% of project in 2013 (approx $350,000 tax-advantaged donation).
15) Began West Bank Concession Remodel - $2,500 - Handyman Central (Mr Foster & Josh Mac)
16) Completed Phase I Irrigation Expansion Project - Rivercity Parks -- $1,800 (CK Landscapes)
TOTAL DOLLAR VALUES:
$59,000 expenditures or in-kind donations
Potential grant and bond election monies: $1.6 million dollars
Fundraising Effort targeting $121,000 near-term PHASE I completion
Land Value at Salvation Army, Rivercity Parks, and West Bank not included in calculations