WSA “ADOPT-A-FIELD” PROGRAM
ADOPT-A-FIELD IN-SEASON RESPONSIBILITIES:
- filling in holes and leveling ground
- transplanting Bermuda Grass to six-yard areas
- lining fields during the season, staking nets, putting up flags
- identifying major problems, i.e. water leaks, sprinkler heads, etc..
- identifying and reporting safety hazards, goal or surface related
- painting goalposts, patching and adhering nets
- weedeating, mowing, raking
- ANCHORING GOALS IF PORTABLE GOALS ON FIELD!
ADOPT-A-FIELD OFF-SEASON RESPONSIBILITIES:
- identifying and marking corners, and spotting lines so that measurements aren’t lost in the offseason
- overseeding with Bermuda grass seed (please reference website for details on exact kind and amount of grass seed)
- fertilizing and application of pre-emergent in early Spring (please reference website for details on exact kind and amount of fertilizer or speak to Guru Mcginis or Foster before making any application)
- spot watering areas that appear dry
- leveling and filling in holes/topdressing