INSTRUCTIONS FOR HELPING YOUR PLAYERS
COMPLETE THEIR ONLINE COLLEGE PROFILES
1) How do I get my players to access their profile? They can get to their own player profile through their team page directly through www.wsasoccer.org and “TEAMS”. Once there they can log-in to their profile page by clicking on their name and PLAYER LOG-IN (green plug-in button). There are specific instructions for the player to complete the process at "College Search" on this website. Send players to the "College Search" section of this website and they should be able to take it from there (see below # 5 and be sure you have entered your team roster on your team page).
2) What about players w/o an email address? EVERY PLAYER needs to create an email address. For players w/o computers we recommend that the coach, manager, or some advocate create an easy to remember EMAIL and PASSWORD through YAHOO for the player. The player can then manage this account at his/her high school. Contact WSA College Coordinator, Ryan Bush, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.
3) What about players who have already committed or don’t want to play college soccer? We want EVERY player 9th grade thru 12th grade to create a player profile.
4) How do I upload player photos? Each team should do this uniformly. Players should be dressed in their WSA uniform or warm-up -- and the photo should include enough of the players torso to show the uniform logo/WSA (this helps w/ player ID at showcase events -- the more the college coaches see our uniforms and logo - the BETTER!). Please replace any personal photos that players have added so that the photos are "uniform" on the team page. The parameters for adding photos are as follows:
b) Exact Width of 144 Pixels (pixels can usually be changed in the CUSTOM FORMAT/SIZING option of your photo software)
c) File Size of 75k or less. Usually this can be adjusted by changing the "image quality" of your photo and you can discover the file size when viewing the file in your "finder" application or in its "folder".
5) What do I do to GET STARTED? Set up your team page, create a roster, and add each player’s email (approx 10 minutes). See "Updating My Team Web Page" on the "Managers" section of this website.