THE SIDE SERVES '22
DATES: April 18 - May 8
LAUNCH PHASE: April 18-22
Set the tone w/ Acts of Service. Social Media Posts w/ pics & videos to remind others.
Please share a file of your pic or video for our use to help us spread your example: CLICK HERE.
SERVE THE FAMILY: Saturday, APRIL 23
Serve inside your own family and home.
Goal: Serve your family in your home.
IMPACT ZONE: April 27-29
Make a Huge Impact these 3 days
Goal: Involvement by 100 club members inside of these 3 days!
MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND: May 7-8
Show kindness to our mom's.
They are in all forms, from biological, to our team manager, or a motherly teacher at school.
Goal: Acts of kindness to let those who offer motherly nurture know their service to others is appreciated.
CONNECT: MONTH OF MAY
Continue the service to make a lasting impact and difference.
Goal: Spread your kindness to others. Set an example. Be the light.
INSTRUCTIONS - WE HAVE REINVENTED THIS ACTIVITY
1. Downloand and print "THE SIDE SERVES" ticket and cut into 4 tickets (use 1 or all 4!).
DOWNLOAD TICKET HERE. TICKET PDF.
2. "Do" something nice for another.
** Did not get to it on time? That's OK we'll continue this effort throughout April & May.
3. Please note that you must "do" and take "action". An omission of some selfish act won't qualify. You must "give" of yourself, some resource of time, talent, energy, or work. Improve someone else's situation, day, or world.
4. Give away your THE SIDE SERVES ticket to the person you served.
You may just leave the ticket on a porch, or in a mailbox, on a door handle, and maybe a quick note on the back? "Hey I cleaned up your front yard. Name. Have a great day!". Feel free to spread this ticket virtually in your cyber community.
5. Report back to your coach or manager. Shoot us a picture,story, or video, by emailing THESIDEMEDIA@GMAIL.COM. We will share on social media to help remind others to get in the act of serviing. Use #TheSideServes. You can also upload a file here.
Let's help remind each other during a time of history that encouraged overwhelming thoughts of self-preservation, that SERVING OTHERS has value, is needed, and matters.
7. Enjoy the reward that comes with serving others.
"One of the greatest ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served."
- Gordon B. Hincley
PLEASE SHARE A STORY/PHOTO/VIDEO OF YOU SERVING - WE WILL POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA W AN EFFORT TO PROMOTE MORE KINDNESS FOR OTHERS THIS WEEK and THIS MONTH. SHARE HERE.
918 629 4476 (Roger Bush)
PARTICIPATION BRACELET - Players Participating Receive this Bracelet - Glow-in-the-dark. These bracelets will be distributed to team leaders who acknowledge team participation. Team leaders will disperse to players who participate.
COVID FRIENDLY VERSION OF THE ACTIVITY
REINVENTED FOR A VIRTUAL & "STAY SAFE" PROCESS - Here's some ideas: