MOST RECENT UPDATE AT TOP (scroll down to see previous updates)
TOURNAMENT UPDATE SENT 4/30/2021 1:30 PM : Case Community RC Parks Sand Springs Parking Update
We expect some parking congestion at the Case Community RC Parks facility in Sand Springs.
If your families are directed to park in the NORTH & WEST LOTS there will a trolley service to take them to the lower fields.
Parking Locations for Case Community RC Parks that will help with park entry/exit times for your families:
LOWER SOUTH LOT: Fields 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
NORTH & WEST UPPER LOT: Fields 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11 (4v4)
TOURNAMENT UPDATE SENT 4/29/2021: Tournament Reminders
1. Reminder if you have not completed online check-in to complete this asap.
!! TEAMS WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED ONLINE CHECK-IN PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST GAME WILL NOT HAVE THE GAME POINTS calculated into the standings. !! TEAM CHECK-IN INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS: http://www.wsasoccer.org/tournaments/wsa-cup-tournament/2021-check-in-team-info
2. ONLINE TEAM CHECK-IN LINK: http://www.wsasoccer.org/tournaments/wsa-cup-tournament/online-check-in-portal
3. Sign up for Tournament Text Alerts: http://www.wsasoccer.org/tournaments/wsa-cup-tournament/tournament-text-alert-signup. ** Feel free to disperse to your families.
4. Tournament Field Maps: There are THREE LOCATIONS:
VIEW THIS FACILITY PAGE FOR LINKS (below) TO ALL FACILITY ADDRESSES & MAPS.
** Please be sure to distinguish between Titan South and Titan Main.
5. ROSTER UPLOAD: You may revise your roster at any time PRIOR TO the first game. Use the ROSTER REVISION LINK located under TEAM INFO (direct link below). Only players properly listed on your Tournament Roster PRIOR TO THE FIRST GAME are eligible to participate.
6. ROSTER RULE REMINDERS: Players may not dual roster inside the "division". Dual rostering is allowed across different divisions.
7. BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR: Most facilities will not have bleachers. Please bring your own chair.
8. REFEREES: Please "Thank" a referee for the commitment they have made to the game and our kids. We are currently in a process of trying to solve all referee slots for the 8:00 AM and 9:40 AM game times. There is a chance that some of the "small-sided" games will have "one-person" referee crews. We apologize for this in advance. An effort will be made in these cases to use a more experienced game official.
9. REFEREE REVIEW: Our website contains a "Referee Evaluator" form for coaches and parents to provide any feedback on game officials. We advocate for a Growth Mindset in an effort to always be improving in all areas, which we know requires feedback of what is going well and what is not going well. Our referee assignors review all feedback as well as club Executive Directors.
10. RESTROOMS & PARKING: Restrooms at RC Parks and Titan South are located at the NORTH end of the facilities. Titan Main restrooms are located indoors. ** if entering indoors at Titan Main a mask is required. Please remind families to place the Parking Pass in their windshield to create ease of traffic inflow at all parks. If you have not purchased parking passes this was completed via the ONLINE CHECK-IN PROCESS: http://www.wsasoccer.org/tournaments/wsa-cup-tournament/online-check-in-portal
11. WSA Cup 2021 Video Highlights will be available for each day of the tournament the next morning. Check-out the WSA Media outlets to see if we captured your team in the highlights video! This info will also be sent by this email and by tournament text.
12. TOURNAMENT APPAREL & CONCESSIONS & VENDORS: There will be tournament apparel vendor at RiverCity Parks in Sand Springs and Titan South in Jenks with limited edition 2021 WSA Cup Tournament Apparel. There will be concessions indoors at Titan Main. Several food vendors will be available at RC Parks, and concessions will be available at Titan South.
13. PROVING GROUNDS AWARDS STAGE: Team reaching a tournament "final" will report to the Proving Grounds Awards stage immediately following the final. Both teams will receive player medallions and a team cup. The Proving Ground Awards stage at RC Parks in Sand Springs is just east of Field #5, and at Titan South just west of Field #7.
14. KEN LOVELEE PLAYER OF TOURNAMENT: The late Mr Ken Lovelee was WSA's 2nd President, and one of only 3 presidents in the 29-year history of the club. He served in many capacities. He taught us the valuable lesson to Live Honorably and Serve Selflessly. The "WSA Cup Ken Lovelee Player of the Tournament" is awarded to a player who demonstrates great teammateship, service, sacrifice, effort, and sportsmanship. Thank you for helping our club carry on this tradition on behalf of such a great life.
15. Afterthoughts on Bug Spray & Water & First Aid & Blue Tents: Recent rain and warm temps will likely harvest mosquitoes which may arrive on the scene early evening. We recommend bug repellent. All players should continue to bring their OWN WATER in a labeled container and only drink from their own container. Our ATR Staff recommends beginning HYDRATION for all players prior to arriving at the first game. FIRST AID/MEDICS will be marked by a FIRST AID FLAG and will be available at all facilities. The BLUE NIKE TENTS contain tournament staff who can radio to tournament headquarters and medics if needed.
Thank you again for your participation in the 2021 WSA Cup. We look forward to participating with you in your great leadership of your teams towards a weekend of friendship, goodwill, and sportsmanship.
WSA CUP COMMITTEE