NEW UNITED STATES SOCCER AGE DIVISIONS FOR 2016-17
This past Fall (2015) the US Soccer Federation has mandated that all players in the United States participate in new age division configurations beginning in the 2016-17 season. The new configurations adapt an age group window of January 1st thru December 31st (instead of August 1 thru July 31st).
This aligns U.S. Soccer with most of the rest of the world, FIFA, and all national team selection processes which use this age configuration for determining age eligibilty. With the new age division formats will come some change. WSA Soccer is committed to including all stakeholders in the decisions on the "transition" phase to the new age divisions, which will likely include some team reformation, possible new competition levels, and inevitably some change.
A constant in the proccess of change will be the goal to use soccer as vehicle to promote valuable life lessons, foster relationships and friendships, nurture great experiences, and ultimately be fun for all kids.
WSA PLAN OF ACTION & TIMELINE
1. Directors of Coaches and Coaching Staff meet to review player pools, generate hypothetical rosters through cooperative and collaborative efforts (October/November).
2. Coaching staff and club communicate with parent and players, offering recommendations, and receiving feedback (Novemeber/December).
3. Directors of Coaches and Coaching Staff reconvene, review feedback, review hypothetical rosters, review hypothetical coaching staff alignment (December/January).
4. WSA Soccer Club presents proposed coaching staff for 2016-17 season to club members (February).
5. WSA publishes the finalized coaching staff arrangement publicly (March-April).