WELCOME TO THE MIDWEST LABOR DAY TOURNAMENT NEWS & UPDATES PAGE!
FINAL REMINDERS & UPDATES, FRIDAY, 9/2/2022 8:00 PM
Please be sure you have reviewed all tournament updates.
All games on as scheduled. ONE FIELD REVISION FOR SATURDAY at TITAN MAIN:
Games scheduled for Titan Main #4 are moved to Titan Main #6 * Sat only.
Reminder that RC Parks Field #20 is located 1/8 mile SOUTH of the MAIN PARKING LOT. This field contains its own parking, restrooms, and other amenities.
FINAL ROSTER UPLOADS ARE DUE PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST KICK-OFF.
Team leaders are required to have on their person at all times:
1. Copy of Tournament Roster (the most recent revision or upload),
2. Proof of Birth and/or Player Pass for every rostered player,
3. Medical Release Documents.
Please let parents know that all "BLUE TENTS" are for PLAYERS ONLY SIDELINES.
Athletic Trainers will be available at both sites. The RC Parks ATR is located centrally (FIRST AID FLAG). The ATR for Titan will be located near F#2 by the building.
Reminder that all FINALIST TEAMS on Sunday should report to the PROVING GROUNDS AWARDS STAGE located just north of the RC PARKS CLUBHOUSE (playground / water park area).
We have walked and assessed every field after the rain. Some fields have small areas of water which we believe will be remedied by Saturday morning.
All the best to all teams!
We look forward to a great weekend of soccer, and appreciate in advance your friendship, goodwill, and sportsmanship.
MLD '22 COMMITTEE
WEATHER UPDATE EMAIL, FRIDAY, 9/2/2022 1:00 PM
All games are on as scheduled. No field or time revisions are expected. Please stay posted to tournament communication throughout the day and weekend.
WEATHER UPDATE EMAIL, FRIDAY, 9/2/2022 8:00 AM
We have experienced a lot of rain the past 24 hours.
We have assessed fields. Every intention is that all games will be played according to schedule.
We may have to adjust games at TITAN MAIN to different fields. Please stay tuned throughout the day.
GAME DAY UPDATES EMAIL, WEDNESDAY, 8/31/22, 1:30 PM
A few important reminders.
1. If your team has not completed ONLINE CHECK-IN this will jeopardize the team results.
2. It is important that your team roster is uploaded and that any roster revisions are posted PRIOR TO KICK-OFF OF YOUR FIRST GAME.
All rosters are FROZEN after kick-off of your first game. All participating players MUST BE LISTED on your roster, including guest players.
You may revise and upload a roster in GOTSOCCER. If you are unfamiliar with GOTSOCCER you may bypass this step and use the tournament ROSTER REVISION/UPLOAD PORTAL.
3. Competition Formats are posted on the Tournament Homepage. These specify the format used for advancment, championship finals, etc.
4. MAJOR TOURNAMENT RULES are posted. These include provisions for heat advisory, game check-in, COVID protocols, and game rules such as overtimes and competition rules such as tiebreakers.
5. Please encourage team leaders or interested families to sign up for the Tournament Text Alerts.
6. SCHEDULES ARE POSTED as FINAL.
7. Please be sure your families have received the FIELD MAPS and DIRECTIONS.
8. NOTE: RC Parks Field #5 9v9 has been changed to RC Parks Field #20 9v9. The field is located approximately 1/8 mile "south" of the main parking lot. Field #20 contains it's own parking lot. See FULL CASE COMMUNITY RC PARKS MAP.
Please stay tuned in to email and further text information forthcoming for the 2022 Midwest Labor Day Invitational.
We look forward to hosting your teams' families and players this weekend.
Midwest Labor Day Invitational Committee
REMINDER EMAIL, MON, 8/29/22, 4:30 PM
Reminder to review your Midwest Labor Day Invitational Schedule again today. Several changes have taken place.
If you'd like to provide any feedback, all feedback is due before 8 PM Monday, Aug 29th (TONIGHT).
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW SCHEDULE and/or SUBMIT SCHEDULE FEEDBACK.
DEADLINE 8 PM TONIGHT, MONDAY, AUG 29th
Midwest Labor Day Tournament Committee
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE PUBLISHED EMAIL SUN, 8/28/22, 8 PM
The 2022 Midwest Labor Day Invitational TENTATIVE Schedule is PUBLISHED.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE CLICK HERE
Any schedule feedback must be received before 8 PM Monday, August 29th.
We apologize for the delay in getting schedule out on Sunday. We had completed the schedule, but had many technical challenges in simply "publishing" the schedule via GotSoccer.
If you have any scheduling feedback, this must be provided via the SCHEDULE FEEDBACK LINK.
More info on SCHEDULE REQUEST CLICK HERE.
DEADLINE TO PROVIDE SCHEDULE FEEDBACK IS MONDAY, AUG 29th, 8 PM.
Please expect a FINAL SCHEDULE ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 30th.
Midwest Labor Day Invitational Committee
WELCOME EMAIL FOR 2022 EVENT:
Welcome to the 2022 Midwest Labor Day Invitational!
Please see some following bookkeeping items:
1. Accepted teams are posted here. Please review and ensure your team is listed in the proper age division. If your team is not listed properly please complete the BRACKET & SCHEDULE FEEDBACK FORM.
* Please note that divisions will be formed shortly and a new alert will be sent for teams to review divisions and final brackets.
2. Scheduling and bracketing will begin Monday. You will have 24 hours after the first version of the schedule is presented to provide feedback via the BRACKET & SCHEDULE FEEDBACK FORM.
3. Please note, the tournament committee will not accept text or emails - all feedback regarding brackets and schedule must be sent via BRACKET & SCHEDULE FEEDBACK FORM.
5. Sign up for TEXT ALERTS for MIDWEST LABOR DAY INVITATIONAL.
6. Please be sure you are familiar with the addresses to the facilities being used at the 2022 Midwest Labor Day Invitational.
We look forward to hosting your teams' families at the 2022 Midwest Labor Day Invitational.
'22 MLD TOURNEY COMMITTEE
PRE-GAME CHECK-IN & MODIFIED COVID PROTOCOLS
No paper credentials will be checked or reviewed field side by referees. Please have all paperwork ready, available, and accessible via the team coach or manager.
No pre-game ritual coin toss will take place:
PRECAUTIONARY HEAT PROTOCOLS:
Hydration Reminders: Head Coaches and Managers please remind players to pre-hydrate in the 48 hours prior to play.
Hydration Stations. Please be sure your team has plenty of water, each player with his/her own bottle, and that a team rep is prepared to replenish water so that it is available to players before, during, and after the match.
Teams should bring tents and shade structures for their sidelines. Parents should bring chairs (no bleachers).
Roster Maximums have been expanded to allow a +2 allowance of the recommended roster sizes (i.e. if the game day roster is recommended at 18 then 20 players can be eligible). For any roster sizes over the "+2" allowance, approval of the tournament committee is required.
Unlimited substitutions, at any stop, always at the referee's discretion are allowed, in all age divisions throughout all flights, pool play, and elimination matches.
IF NEEDED - Hydration Breaks X3 per game: ONLY IF an “Excessive Heat Warning” is in effect will there be 3X water breaks per game. IF this implemented the process will be.
1. Halfway point of 1st Half (if a 30 minute half, then near 15 minutes into 1st half)
2. Thirdway Point of 2nd Half (if a 30 minute half, then near 10 minutes into 2nd half)
3. Two-Thirds Point of 2nd Half (if a 30 minute half, then near 20 minutes into 2nd half)
4. Referees are permitted to add up to 2 additional minutes in the 2nd half.
5. Referees will keep the official clock of all games.
MAJOR TOURNAMENT RULES DETAIL: Click Here
POST GAME PROTOCOLS & NO HANDSHAKE REMINDER:
Referees, coaches, and managers are asked to kindly remind players immediately at the final whistle "no handshakes". Thank you for your help in this area.
It is the responsibility of both coaches to review Game Cards following the match. Coaches will not be asked to sign the game card. The referee will report the score by turning in the game card to tournament headquarters.
Athletic trainers will be on site and will be marked by 15' Flags that will say "FIRST AID/MEDICAL".
Players needing taped: Players should bring their own tape and be prepared to adjust if Trainers are required to modify their protocols.
Fully customized official Midwest Labor Day Tournament merchandise will be available on site at the Vendor Circle. Tshirts will be fully customizable and will include the official Midwest Labor Day Logo.
PROVING GROUNDS AWARDS STAGE - FINALIST TEAMS
All teams reaching the "Finals" will be asked to report to the PROVING GROUNDS Awards staging area (see field map) following their championship game for presentation of the Team Cups and Winner's medallions (both Champion & Runner-Up will receive team cups & medallions).
AWARDS STAGE COVID PROTOCOLS
All teams reaching the Championship Final should report to the Proving Grounds Awards Stage for the trophy presentation following the Championship match. There will be multiple teams receiving awards at the same time. The Proving Grounds Awards Stage staff will do their best to help expedite the process while also honoring the opportunity to value the finalists team's achievement.
REMINDERS TO TEAM LEADERS
Please provide facility addresses and field maps to your parents to aid in parking, locating fields, and helping all arrive on time. We believe there will be as much as a 12-15 minute parking time once arriving at the facility.
There are NO BLEACHERS at the fields. BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR.
TOURNAMENT FIELD MAPS & FACILITY LINK:
KNOW YOUR PARKING LOTS & FIELDS:
R.S. BUSH COMPLEX@ CASE COMMUNITY RIVERCITY PARKS
In 2016 WSA staff members, Ryan, Catherine, myself (Roger), lost our dad after a short bout with cancer. He currently has 11 grandkids all of which currently or formerly play soccer at WSA. He was instrumental, along with many others, in the late 1970's and early 1980's in helping bring the game to our generations in the U.S. In 2017 our family was honored to learn that the famous Rivercity Parks Soccer Complex, which our dad helped construct in it's origins, would take on his namesake, the "Roger Stanley Bush" Soccer Complex. Many of you know myself. So to avoid any confusion - I didn't name something after me (but if it meant getting ahead of younger, less athletic brother Ryan - I would). Our family is honored this great facility bears our dad's namesake.
IMPORTANT ROSTER RULES:
NO DUAL ROSTERING ALLOWED WITHIN DIVISION: Players may not dual roster within the same tournament division.
Teams may expand roster sizes, and participate on game day +2 players to the recommended roster allowances.
Please remind parents they can subscribe to the Midwest Labor Day Text Alerts. Weather info, receive score reports, updates, customize your choices, etc.. via this link: CLICK HERE
The WSA Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter will capture some moments from the tournament weekend. To get "connected" http://www.wsasoccer.org/social-media
TOURNAMENT UPDATES DURING EVENT - VIDEO RECAPS
We will attempt to provide tournament recaps each evening via video. Please stay tuned to our club's social media (Facebook & Twitter) for these posts: http://www.wsasoccer.org/social-media
FRIENDSHIP, SPORTSMANSHIP, GOODWILL EXPECTATION
We thank you in advance for your friendship, sportsmanship, and goodwill. We in turn will expect of our event staff to return your kindness with great service, attention, and focus. We acknowledge we are all working towards providing a great experience for all of the kids participating.
All the best to you and your families on a great experience this weekend!
MIDWEST LABOR DAY TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE